‘Tis the holiday season so good boys and girls are looking forward to their annual visit to Toyland. However, not all children have direct access to such a childhood’s joy-land. That’s why the U.S. Marine Corps created the Toys for Tots program, which Saint Louis Closet Co. is assisting through Closets for a Cause this December.
Saint Louis Closet Co.’s Donations
Funds raised from a percentage of our December sales will assist Toys for Tots in providing toys, books, and other gifts to less fortunate children. Saint Louis Closet Co. was also able to recently donate over 500 toys to the organization. In early November, we held a safe and successful toy drive with members of the U.S. Marine Corps, Santa Claus, and Mrs. Claus, who all wore masks and practiced proper social distancing.
You might have even seen us on KMOV:
Toys for Tots’ Mission
Marine Toys for Tots Foundation’s mission is to assist the U.S. Marine Corps in providing a tangible sign of hope to economically disadvantaged children by collecting new unwrapped toys and distributing those toys. They hope that their efforts will assist children with becoming responsible, productive, and patriotic citizens.
How Toys for Tots Helps
A majority of the nonprofit’s work includes the following:
Collection and toy distribution
- This is the process of obtaining and delivering toys to local Toys for Tots coordinators and providing the support and assistance those coordinators need to conduct effective toy collection and distribution campaigns in their communities. Toy collection includes a combination of locally donated toys, those purchased by the Foundation, and those donated by corporations.
Support of local coordinators
- This activity encompasses providing a wide range of support to nearly 800 local Toys for Tots coordinators and their support groups. Today, there are nearly 40,000 Marines, Marine Corps League members, veteran Marines, and volunteers involved in annual campaigns.
- This activity is designed to give the general public a clear understanding of the benefits that accrue to individuals, communities, and the nation from Toys for Tots. It increases visibility and name recognition and calls the general public support in Toys for Tots.
Management and General Activities
- This involves accomplishing the spectrum of business management activities necessary to make an organization efficient and effective and to ensure the program and the Foundation operate in compliance with IRS regulations, federal and state laws, and charitable standards.
- The Foundation pursues a range of fundraising projects each year.
A New Charity Benefits Each Month
Want to learn more about Closets for a Cause? We’re selecting a new charity each month to help make a difference in our community. Follow us on social media @stlouisclosetco and sign up for our newsletter.