After donating more than $46,000 through Closets for a Cause so far, Saint Louis Closet Co. is proud to continue our giveback efforts in June! Each month, we select a new nonprofit to benefit from a portion of our monthly sales. It gives us great pleasure to reveal that our next partner will be… Safe Connections! Haven’t heard of this spectacular organization yet? Here’s more information on who they are and what they plan on doing with their donation:
Safe Connections is one of the St. Louis region’s oldest and largest organizations working to prevent and end domestic and sexual violence while helping survivors thrive. Their mission is to reduce the impact and incidence of relationship violence and sexual assault through their programs and services, which include:
- Individual Therapy
- Compassionate and highly specialized, master’s degree-level therapists help victims reclaim their lives as survivors.
- 24-Hour Crisis Helpline (314-531-2003)
- Highly-trained advocates assess safety needs, assist with safety planning, provide emergency transportation, and give referrals for medical care, shelter, legal aid, counseling, and other area resources.
- Prevention Education
- Healthy Alternatives for Relationships Among Teens (HART)
- Girls Group and Guys Group
- Safe Connections on Campus
- Support Services
- Groups, classes, and workshops for adults and youth of all genders (ages 12 and over) who have experienced rape, domestic or dating abuse, sex trafficking, and/or childhood sexual abuse.
Saint Louis Closet Co. Gives Back
Funds raised through Closets for a Cause will be used to assist Safe Connections in ending and preventing domestic violence and sexual assault. The nonprofit serves the St. Louis community by providing much-needed services free of charge.
“We are honored to be Saint Louis Closet Co.’s charity of choice for Closets for a Cause throughout June,” said Cynthia Danley, the chief development and marketing officer for Safe Connections. “Community unity fosters support during uncertain times. We embrace our partnership and look forward to promoting awareness of the award-winning programs of Safe Connections. We are here to provide support and education to the St. Louis community.”
Safe Connections’ Impact
After starting out as a grassroots, domestic violence crisis hotline for women in 1976, Safe Connections now serves nearly 20,000 individuals each year and is inclusive of all genders and sexual orientations. The nonprofit is the longest-standing domestic/sexual violence dual-focused nonprofit in St. Louis accredited by the national Council on Accreditation (COA). They are accredited based on their best practice standards for governance, risk management, human resources, financial management, and programs.
Closets for a Cause
Want to learn more about Closets for a Cause? We’re selecting a new charity each month to help make a difference in our community. Follow us on social media @stlouisclosetco and sign up for our newsletter.