At Saint Louis Closet Co. we are proud not only to custom design solutions for our customers, but also to produce our products in our very own, on-site manufacturing facility.
We are the only company in the Midwest who can make this claim. Even more important, our factory and show room are all housed in our refurbished, fully green building. We like to make our competitors GREEN with envy on this account. Here are just some of the ways that Saint Louis Closet Co. is committed to sustainable practices:
- 100% of your closets are manufactured with laminates that are durable, natural, and renewable, and come from sustainable managed forests that capture carbon; making them among the most responsible building materials available today.
- During renovation of the Saint Louis Closet Co. building, we recycled over 162,000 bricks for the exterior of the building, buried and eliminated overhead utility cables more than two football fields long, reused 120-year-old original exterior windows on the inside of the building, and installed a white TPO roof to reduce cooling costs.
- In our shop, we installed a dust collection system that also serves to both heat and cool the manufacturing facility 12 months a year.
- In our showroom we installed all LED lighting and made use of skylights and clerestories to save energy and provide natural light.
- Take a look at our roof! We have 188 solar panels that generate 300 kw-hours per day! Together, they save 33 metric tons of CO2 each year.
These are just a few example of how we work to keep Saint Louis Closet Co. humming along in a fully sustainable way. We invite you to come visit our showroom to see how we can add beauty and organization to your home, while staying green!